Re: Status of Potato

While we're looking ahead, why not wait for Gnome 2.x?  Maybe KDE 2.x?  Kernel 2.4?  Xfree86 4?  And heck, once we have those in, we'll have Gnome 2.5 to wait for, and Kernel 3.0.  And while I'm looking ahead, I want a new Alpha box for christmas :P

See where I'm going?  Features WILL be missed.  Linux is a work in progress, so is Debian.  Bite the bullet, miss some features, add them after release (like how we have October Gnome packages for Slink..)

James

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.
                -- George Bernard Shaw

ICQ me @ 319030
email @ tarnar@yahoo.com, tarnar@cflug.cx, jpullman@ualberta.ca