Re: cdgrab namespace

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 07:48:17PM -0800, Robert Woodcock wrote:
> Hi people, I need to rename cdgrab, preferably before potato freeze (which
> is now Nov 7, at least we hope) (No, there aren't any legal reasons behind
> this as far as I can see - 'cdgrab' was never a trademark - I just don't
> want to spread any ill-will.)
>
> I'm leaning towards the easy juxtaposition fix - grabcd, that appears to be
> untaken.
>
> In any case, the new package will Conflict:/Replace:/Provide: the old
> cdgrab package, so people dist-upgrading will be unaffected, they'll just
> have a new word to type.
>
> So - does anyone have a really cool name?

I've decided to name it 'abcde' - A Better CD Encoder. Packages have already
been uploaded to Incoming.

Upon initial installation, abcde's preinst will attempt to copy
/etc/cdgrab.conf (if it exists) to /etc/abcde.conf (if it doesn't).
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Whoah! These are cool songs and they're all about murders!"