Re: LPRng in stable non-free or wrong man page?

On 01-Nov-99, 00:42 (CST), Gerhard Poul <gp@media.atnet.at> wrote:
>        LPRng is distributed under the GNU  software  license  for
>        non-commercial  use, the Artistic License for limited com­
>        mercial use.  Commerical support and licensing  is  avail­
>        able through Patrick Powell <papowell@sdsu.edu>.
>
> This software should be in non-free. Maybe the license changed, but in
> stable it is contained in main.

Why? It's available under the GPL, which is probably how we are
distributing it. (Nope, just went and looked, /usr/doc/lprng/copyright
is the Artistic.) Anyway, both are DFSG free. What's the problem?

(Ah. FYI the phrase "GNU software license for non-commercial use"
can only mean "if you want to distribute it non-commercially, the
GNU software license will probably meet your needs". Likewise
"Artistic...limited commercial..")

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read