Re: ITP: pine (?)

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Marek Habersack wrote:

> No, I don't think it's the root. OTOH, I think that setting the root to the
> user's home dir is not a good idea. If the user happens to have a lots of
> directories with a lots of contents, the opening of the imap sesion can take
> ages since imapd scans the entire tree! (at least that's how it looks to me,
> because when I open a mailbox with IMHO the disk starts to work heavily,
> load average raises to almost 2).

Unfortunately this is one of those issues where I am screwed whatever
I do.  Stupid c-client is just not flexible enough.  Having the root be
$HOME means slightly less hassles for me but I know someone out there is
going to be annoyed no matter what.

>Also, when I open inbox with IMHO I
> see nothing until I REMOVE the usual filler message ("THIS MESSAGE IS A
> PART..." etc.). Then I can see the entire inbox UNTIL I LOG OUT. But, the
> strange thing is that after removing the aforementioned message from the
> inbox by hand, I have to refresh the IMHO page exactly three times for the
> inbox content to appear. With 4.5 everything works just fine.

See bug #48800.  I have a feeling this is related.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>