FHS postinst for multi-binary package using debmake

Hello,

I have a source package gri which splits into debs gri,
gri-html-doc and gri-ps-doc.  The problem is that I'm creating
/usr/share/doc/gri-html-doc and /usr/share/doc/gri-ps-doc for
these extra packages instead of putting everything in
/usr/share/doc/gri.  debstd is appending stuff with the wrong
path to these packages' postinst and prerm, using the same stub
for all 3 packages:

# symlink management generated by debstd
if [ "$1" = "configure" ]; then
  if [ -d /usr/doc -a ! -e /usr/doc/gri -a -d /usr/share/doc/gri ]; then
    ln -sf ../share/doc/gri /usr/doc/gri
  fi
fi

For gri-html-doc, I want:

if [ "$1" = "configure" ]; then
  if [ -d /usr/doc -a ! -e /usr/doc/gri-html-doc -a -d /usr/share/doc/gri-html-doc ]; then
    ln -sf ../share/doc/gri-html-doc /usr/doc/gri-html-doc
  fi
fi

Is there a way to:

1- Suppres debstd from inserting its own line and I'll do it?
or
2- Tell debstd which doc directory to use?

I can always use my own script with "exit 0" at the end and that
way debstd's insertions will never be executed, but presumably
there's a better way.

Thanks,
Peter