Re: Daemons and stoppages during upgrades.

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 07:22:07PM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> I'm inclined to agree with Raul, that taking down daemons during
> upgrades is a [damn annoying] bug in many of these packages.

Just remember that you have to take special precautions if the running
daemon relies on files supplied by the package and those files change
during the unpack.  This isn't a common problem, and it's a solvable
problem, but I didn't explicitly point out this issue in my previous
message.

--
Raul