Re: Intent package mule2 and custom-mule (Important for emacs (lisp) package maintainers)

***** TK => Takuo KITAME

Dear Takuo,

TK>   mailcrypt_3.5.5-2.1_all.deb
TK>    * Non maintainer release.
TK>    * emacsen-install modified for mule2

please, don't move this into the Debian archive yourself.

Send me (i.e., the mailcrypt maintainer) a detailed patch instead
(using the BTS), and wait for me to answer.

When I'll do a new release myself I'll add your patch if it'll be
worthwhile.

Never ever do NMUs without having tried to contact the actual
maintainers, and, most important, never ever do NMUs without having
sent detailed patches to the BTS.

If I understand it right, you've just assembled a test suite for Mule
on Emacs 19, and have no real intention to move mailcrypt 3.5.5-2.1
outside your directory on master; however it would have been nice on
your part to drop me some lines about it, just in case someone files a
bug against that NMU version using the BTS: I could have been very
surprised to discover of a mailcrypt NMU in such a way; worst,
sometime people fail to put appropriate version information in bug
reports: it's very important that the maintainer knows what versions
have been distributed out there.

You announced that modified version on a high traffic public list like
debian-devel, after all: chances are a number of people will install
it on their systems.

Thanks,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://www.linux.it/%7Esalve/>