Re: easy way to tell if "in" package build?

Hi,

Here is what I plan on doing.  Please let me know if what you think.

I'll remove the patch that I added to libtool, which will make it
exactly same as the upstream libtool.  The addition of an option to
disable hardcoding rpaths seems like the best compromise, so far.
However, I will not add it to Debian's libtool.  Rather, I will forward
a patch to the upstream libtool maintainers, meaning that we may not
see this feature in libtool for quite some time, if at all. How does
that sound?

At first the idea of adding some "magic" to libtool sounded like a good
idea but some very good arguments against this magic have been made.
Thanks to everyone for the feed back.  It is greatly appreciated.

BTW, Jules the idea of adding a libtool.conf file sounds like an
interesting one.  I'll run it by the upstream maintainers, too.

-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
Center for Distributed Object Computing, Washington University, St. Louis