Re: Debian's leader's proposal

On Oct 20, Thierry Laronde wrote:
> Well, it seems like Dale Scheetz' predictions are successfully verified :
> Debian's leader has post his proposal for new-maintener, on debian-project,
> and it's just like almost nobody has seen it...

The proposal has been posted elsewhere within the past month.  I
suspect most of the developers who had comments on it have already
weighed in, and Wichert has incorporated those suggestions in the
version on debian-project.

> And I have subscribed to debian-project, and now get twice a lot of
> messages : the multiplication of mailing-lists, actually, increase
> the number of messages ( cross-posting) and spoils the
> communication.

That's because there's a "learning curve" for new lists.  Posts to
debian-legal tended to be cross-posted for about a month before people
finally got the hang of it.

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence         |        Get Debian GNU/Linux CDROMs        |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>    |       http://www.lordsutch.com/cds/       |
|     Open Directory Editor     |    Join the party that opposed the CDA    |
|       http://dmoz.org/        |             http://www.lp.org/            |