Re: question

Patrick Spingys wrote:

> Hi debian-Team,
>
> become your Linux-Distribution an graphical installation
> like the commercial distributions, too ?

I hope not! If so I think I have to switch to slackware!

A Graphical installation brings just drawbacks and no benefit:
* Try to install GNU/Linux on a low-end 386 PC.
  (actually I'm using a K6/200 but we have a 386-based print-server)
* Some Hardware isn't well supporeted yet (Laptops) refusing
  any installation (Caldera, RH)
* graphical installation programs eat more disk-space than
  text based.

I thing a nicely designed curses-menu looks far nicer than a bloated
overloaded graphical windoze-immitating GUI which makes you ill if
you have to use it without a mouse. As an option it would be ok but
IMHO a graphical-only installation sucks!

> I think LaetOS is based on debian, but why work debian not
> on a graphical installation ???
Because it sucks and is absolutly unecessary! If you want an OS
where you don't need a keybord but just a mouse (to crash it)
stay with windoze!

Bernhard