Re: question

On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 05:26:24PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> > I think LaetOS is based on debian, but why work debian not
> > on a graphical installation ???
>
> Simply because no one's written one yet.  There are people working on
> such, and also Corel have produced one which is GPLed which we could
> use.
>
> To be honest, I really don't see it as a high priority.  Our current
> installation has a GUI - it just happens to be a text-only GUI - and I
> personally don't see 'hi-resolution graphics' for an installer which you
> only run once as a mahor benefit.

Frankly, Debian's installation looks better than any of the others I've
seen. Especially Caldera's, which is due to the fact that the laptop on
which it was being installed displayed good only at 1024x780. Text based
installations aren't subject to vagaries of the screen & video card as much.

BTW - we offer a choice on what games you can play while the installtion
runs. Just head on over to console 2 and check it out.

David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org