Re: New-maintainer proposal

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 01:42:41PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> >

> > > I will post the proposal for a new new-maintainer procedure to the
> > > debian-project list shortly, If anyone is interested in joining the
> > > discussion (or on any other non-technical discussion) please subscribe
> > > to this list. You know the procedure :)
> >
> > Please keep this on devel as well. I don't have time to add another list
> > to my chores. We need one (1) list that can be subscribed to, on which
> > important traffic like this can be discussed. Multiplying the lists that
> > _must_ be subscribed to, in order that I may be a contientious maintainer
> > is simply crap, that fractures the group and keeps some segment of the
> > maintainership uninformed. This lack of an informed membership is, in my
> > estimation, a primary reason for all the confusion and conflict that is
> > currently comming down about such things as new-maintainer.
>
> I don't see any logic to this argument.
>
> If you subscribe to -project and -devel, then you won't see any increase
> in the amount of mail you have to deal with.  You'll simply see the same

But then you have to subscribe also to debian-private, debian-vote or did this
list already die, it was there that important thing submitted to votes should
be discused, why now move this same discution to debian-project ? And i don't
speak about a lot of other lists that are also important like debian-news.

Perhaps we should open a debian-lists mailing list to discuss what list is
important and should be subscribed to ? :)))

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER