Re: Strange output from ps

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 07:56:49PM +0200, Radovan Garabik wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 08:21:14PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 04:54:49PM +0200, Radovan Garabik wrote:
> > > it means what it says :-)
> >
> > Unfortunately this is not possible since both machines got the very same deb
> > installed.
>
> well, today I (apt-get upgrade)-ed and the problem went away...
> (without reboot, which shows it was something with ps)

and today I rebooted, and after the reboot ps says:
{rpciod_wake_up} {xdr_decode_string}
Warning: /usr/src/linux/System.map does not match kernel data.
{rpciod_wake_up} {xdr_decode_string}
Warning: /System.map does not match kernel data.

more info:
2.2.12 UP kernel, AMD K6-2, /System.map is in sync with kernel
(I am 100% sure)
there are vmware modules loaded, everything other is standard debian
potato distribution (with manually compiled kernel)

| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph.uniba.sk           |