Re: Strange output from ps

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 12:42:06PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> I have two almost identical systems. The packages installed all have the
> same version. Yet ps behavse differently:
>
> On one machine ps works as usual but on the other it prints:
>
> {waitqueue_lock} {timer_active}
> Warning: /boot/System.map-2.2.12 does not match kernel data.
>
> Both, the kernel image and teh System.map file are identical. I generate my
> kernel using make-kpkg.
>
> Could anyone tell me what this output means?

it means what it says :-)
that you have /boot/System.map-2.2.12 from different kernel.
why I am writing this: I am pretty sure I have correct
/boot/System.map-2.2.12, and yet my ps gives the same output...
it started with 2.2.12, but I have a nice uptime and do not want to reboot
to make experiments :-)

| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph.uniba.sk           |