Re: lesstif: what's the story

On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 04:21:48PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> [on a mostly slink system]
> $ apt-cache showpkg lesstifg | grep ^"  " | cut -d, -f1 | sort | uniq | wc -l
>      40
>
> Are you sure we have time to recompile all these before the freeze, if it's
> going to happen on November 1st?

Perhaps we can start doing it now then?

> Exactly how many of the other distributions use new lesstif?

The break occured first in July 1998.  I don't know of any distribution that
actually includes lesstif, but the major problem is with people who compile
lesstif on their own.  Let's remember that outside Debian, people do have to
compile things like lesstif from time to time.

Anyway, it's bad enough that slink was released with an incompatible ABI than
everyone else, let's make sure that potato is compatible at least.