Re: released packages state

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 23:04:36 +0200, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any difference between the debian
> archive in the 'frozen' state and the 'stable', officially released
> state.

There is. 'frozen' is the time when thorough integration testing will be
done, and additional fixes for release-critical bugs take place.

> I won't bother if a few packages change over time during freeze, but I
> definitely can't handle a large number of packages.

It is difficult to say how many packages will change during the freeze; it
depend on the number of problems remaining, the number of new problems
identified and the duration of the freeze. The intent is however to have as
few changes as possible.

Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig