released packages state

I would like to know if there is any difference between the debian
archive in the 'frozen' state and the 'stable', officially released
state.
I'm thinking about upgrading to potato as soon as it freezes, but if
there is a difference between packages just before and just after
official release I may have to wait until then, to avoid yet another
(semi-)upgrade. I am on a modem and it would cost way to much to do the
upgrade over it (I'd take my computer with me to work and do the upgrade
over there, but I can't just do that all the time). I won't bother if a
few packages change over time during freeze, but I definitely can't
handle a large number of packages.

Filip Van Raemdonck