Re: Network Installs (was: Essential bloat)

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 06:56:22PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> writes:
> >  I've tried to subscribe several times over
> > the last week and can't seem to get on; each time I get the
> > "CONFIRM [long string]" message, but when I reply nothing happens.  Actually,
> > one time something did happen -- I got a reply saying my confirmation had
> > failed.  That was when I sent a second confirmation after waiting 3 days for
> > some sort of indication that the first had worked.  Am I just unlucky? :)
>
> Maybe your from address is getting scribbled by you MTA.

Just a note.
I had the surprise to get back the confirm message at an address different
from the one I had specified.

Actually, the program seems to parse the message and compare the address with
the signature. If the two don't match, the reply is sent to the address found
in the signature ( I think this is an understandable security feature).
Perhaps, the program has some difficulties parsing the signature.

I had deleted the signature, and then got the reply to the good address.

HTH,
--
Thierry LARONDE
thierry.laronde@polynum.com

"La peur est la sagesse du con."
	Adrien Herryolt, "Précis de démocratie par la pratique".