Re: New dpkg upload - please test!

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 03:46:37PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > What about a two step installation ?
>
> The problem is that at some point in the future you'll have to break
> an upgrade that skips a step in between..

Sure, ...

things would be easier if we could keep different version number of the
package. (It would solve some broken non-i386->binary-all dependencies
problem for not yet recompiled packages also.)

But that step in the future will only be when we decide we will no more
need dselect, isn't it ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER