Re: Strange output from ps

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> > > Installing a kernel-image.deb doesn't mean that that's what the
> > > boot-loader picked up.
>
> On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 08:57:41AM +1000, Jason Henry Parker wrote:
> > Yes, but it does mean that the system map file and the kernel should
> > match; I've never seen make-kpkg screw this up.

> It means that the system map file and the kernel file match up.
> It does *NOT* mean that the system map file and the running kernel
> match up.  That depends on how the kernel is being booted.

I'm running the kernel I think I am, and it matches the system.map
file.  Trust me.

The message has gone away now, do you suppose I've somehow changed
kernel without a reboot?  Or perhaps my kernel and system map have
corrected themselves without changing modification and creation times?

jason
--
``If remarks are passed that are unpleasant in the instant, you   ____
will see that context can make them something between droll and   \ _/__