Re: Strange output from ps

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 06:11:36PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 05:12:03PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > The kernel image file and the map file are identical?
> >
> > Both machines have the same image file and the same map file. I just
> > installed my kernel-image.deb on both machines.
>
> Installing a kernel-image.deb doesn't mean that that's what the
> boot-loader picked up.

Yes, but it does mean that the system map file and the kernel should
match; I've never seen make-kpkg screw this up.

I've seen exactly the same problem on my system running a 2.2.12
kernel compiled and installed with make-kpkg and started getting these
errors about a week ago.

The problem now seems to have gone away, so it would appear it is
intermittent fault (I was getting it pretty regularly a few days ago,
and I don't *think* I've done an apt upgrade since).  I've not
rebooted, installed new kernels or had any `accidents' when the
problem came or went, I think it is most likely due to some package
upgrade, or perhaps a screwup when I compiled my kernel.

Just another data point,

jason
--
``If remarks are passed that are unpleasant in the instant, you   ____
will see that context can make them something between droll and   \ _/__