Re: dpkg --build and empty directories

On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 08:28:10PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I use mc to look inside .deb files. (just hit enter with the highlight bar
> over the filename, and ... grind, grind, and you see the inside of the
> package file like it were another file system)

That's it!

gmc doesn't even show the var directory, but does show usr because deep
in there is at least the copyright file.

You might want to check for/file an mc bug.

In the mean time, verify with dpkg --contents mypackage.deb

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed