Re: Debian recommended software (moving off-topic)

Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

> * "Edward" == Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Edward> MDA: procmail
> Edward> This is standard priority, but exim is not configured to use it, people have
> Edward> to mess with .forward files.
>
> exim has its own filter facility, that is easier to understand and use
> by new users.

Can users alter the exim config? I suppose we are thinking off single user
machines where sysadmin == user.

> Edward> ftp server: proftp/wuftp
> Edward> what is the difference? proftp has security holes,
>
> had not has. Or are you aware of any open ones?

Sorry, that was not far of me at all was it. I think proftp had some security
bugs, that have been fixed, but there is a thought based on the way it was
designed that there are probably more.

--
I consume, therefore I am