Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate funct

> So what you're telling me is that anyone with a "complex" setup
> shouldn't bother using Debian?

a) I would not test a new daemon on a working machine, I would use a separate
one.  In the case of gnu pop3, it will spin off and consume 99% of your cpu due
to poor child management.  We (I am one of the developers) are fixing this, but
currently it is test quality if not run from inetd.

b) if you know what you are doing, compile the packages by hand, fix their
install scripts, and remove the conflicts.  You are trying to circumvent the
norm.

Debian is operating on making the easy case easy.  90+% of our users want to
just install a package and go.