Useless packages (was Re: anarchism_7.7-1.deb)

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 05:59:27PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> Nevertheless it is moot point because we are running out of room and there
> has to be a third CD.  It might as well contain all the documents and
> other packages non-essential to using an OS.
>
> Here's another idea.  What about putting all the non-essential compilers,
> includes and other development tools on the extra CD too.  They take up a
> lot of room and does the average Debian user really need an eiffel
> compiler or the IMAP development kit?

Instead of each developer chose what packages are and aren't useful
to them, why don't we look at the popularity contest? A simple, bias-free
way of seperating programs on to the CD's, by actual use. That is what
it was made for.

David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org