Re: anarchism_7.7-1.deb

Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@beeer.com> writes:

> > Just make sure that when you do throw it out, you take the bible with it :)

*SECONDED*

> I dont think throwing out bible(1) is a good idea
> It is exactly, letter-after-letter what it claim to be, it is on 2nd CD, well-compressed
> (anarchism was in both text and html unpacked versions) and
> is wide-used doc, althru not computing-related

> And this is the only place where someone can get english
> electronical version of bible. It also have interesting browser
> which can be used for many other docs of such
> structure(book/chapter/verse) (There is sometimes a need for it) and
> interesting compresion-method As long as there is some place on 2nd
> CD i dont see any big reason to throw it out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I have been away from the list for some
time.

In my understanding the bible packages belong into contrib *at
best*, since it's value to the public is at least questionable if not
offensive to muslims, buddhists(no not to them), hindus ...

As an alternative I might decide to get at a digital version of Karl
Marx's "Das Kapital" or Mao's "Little Red Book" and package it for
debian just for fun. Either have to go into non-us I presume :)

> btw : im atheist

Please define in private mail, dunno wether I'm atheist, antitheist,
agnostic or simply a pagean. In our culture definitions of these terms
mostly come from the other side.

CU
  Siggy

--