Re: sash (was Re: demo vs. real package: FYI (was ...))

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 02:46:09PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Raul Miller wrote:
> > Also, if you can anticipate any failure modes where sash would damage
> > the password file I'd appreciate hearing about them.  It's already
> > the case that if sash has any problem writing out the new password
> > file that it won't install it.
>
> I think you should just use useradd to edit the password file.

You mean without ensuring that the password is useful?

I've already elected to give the admin a choice (whether or not to add
the account -- that'll be in the next release).  The problem with password
prompting is that it doesn't fit well into an automated or gui install.

Under these circumstances do you still feel it's useful to add
a locked account?

--
Raul