Re: sash (was Re: demo vs. real package: FYI (was ...))

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 03:39:30PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> I suppose you have considered the security problems, if root forgets
> to change that password when they change the main root one?

Yes I did.

There's not a lot I can do about this beyond advising the sysadmin that
it's a good idea.

It might be a good idea to write a tool to automate this reminder [Perhaps
generalizing it so that if one instance of a uid has its password changed
and other instances do not change the account that got changed will get
a mail message suggesting that the other accounts get changed.]

But I've not undertaken this project, at least not yet.

I want to get sash right first.  [There's still some subtle issues that
I think I can handle better.  See bugs.debian.org/sash for details.]

--
Raul