Re: /opt/ again (was Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was: ...])

"In article <[🔎] 9387.990916@rpglink.com> you wrote:"

>     You're also almost as good as stating that one cannot
> backup /etc, toss in a spare drive, do the install off a local
> NFS/FTP mount (less than 2 hours by a long shot) throw /etc
> back in (no need for a tape even, whatta concept!) and then get
> the rest of the data from there in under 2 hours.

I'm digging through my newsspool & dejanews for an answer to this
and can't find it.  If the docs mention it I can't find it.
Can you help?

You mention a local NFS mount for installing.  I'm doing
some practice installs from scratch as practice for a local
(Vancouver) installfest next weekend and the install procedure
mentions NFS as an option for installing the base system.  Is it
possible to NFS mount ftp.debian.org for this?  Or is the option
only there for mounting local file systems?  If it's possible
to remotely mount, could you tell the incantation?  I must have
tried pretty much every one except the right one.

Thanks.
Rick
--
younie@home.com