Re: A few changes

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 02:27:20PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> With an alias so that X-Debian-CC still works?
Not guarenteed... It's not in the "upstream" package so I'd have to remeber to
put it in every time I upgrade..

> > Some of the perl scripts have been made -w clean.
>
> and `use strict;' clean?
I figured somebody would ask :)  That comes next.  Lots of global variable
and from what I understand, thats one of the things that'll kill the scripts.

> > Bugs are no longer deleted!!!  We don't have a way for you to access them
> > directly but there's an "official" location in the database where they're
> > being archived.  We're trying to decide how to serve them up... by
> > requesting a bug number, obviously, but any other way?  Do we need them
> > index by maintainer or package?  Remember, these are closed -- solved --
> > bugs.
>
> Add them to the end of the package pages in the resolved section.
I'd rather not.  Otherwise there's no reason to have the bugs expire at all and
the size of the web mirror would grow.. and grow.. and grow and never shrink.
Instead, they'll be a seperate page where you can enter a bug number and...?
a package name (I had about decided that, too) and the page would be served
up.

> > All @bugs.debian.org will accept PGP/GPG clearsigned and most forms of mime
> > formated email.  Most?  Let me put it this way, I havn't found one that it
> > barfs on but I'm sure there's some evil MUA that will prove it's not
> > perfect.
>
> Does anything special happen if the a message is signed?
Other than it gets processed?  Nope...