Re: /opt/ again (was Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was: ...])

* Steve Lamb said:
> Wednesday, September 15, 1999, 12:29:30 PM, Anders wrote:
> > Then can you tell me how your three steps are easyer and faster them our
> > one step?
>
>     How are you going to get the data on to the drive without a minimum
> installation on it in the first place?
Geez (that's your favorite expression, ain't it?) - you really don't know
what backups are for. They are there to BACK UP everything, make a snapshot
of your critical system so that you can restore it within at most TWO hours.
Backing up data only is good on non-critical sites, the other category
requires fast restoration of the entire system. In that light reinstallation
and reconfiguration is not an option.

marek