Re: A few changes

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 04:09:17PM -0700, Darren Benham wrote:
> Bugs are no longer deleted!!!  We don't have a way for you to access them
> directly but there's an "official" location in the database where they're
> being archived.  We're trying to decide how to serve them up... by
> requesting a bug number, obviously, but any other way?  Do we need them
> index by maintainer or package?  Remember, these are closed -- solved --
> bugs.

Definately by package. I can think of several circumstances where this
is useful: when a bug is closed in unstable but someone using stable
wants an explanation for a problem; when a bug is inadvertantly
reintroduced; when a maintainer closes a bug caused by user error, and
another user does the same thing; when a package is adopted and the new
maintainer wants to get a feel for the packages history and the
rationale behind various packaging decisions. It would be most useful if
someone could search by package name, keyword, and status of the bug
report.