Re: Metapackages (was Re: Debian Weekly News - September 14th, 1999)

Actually about these "metapackages", what about having a new field
in the /var/lib/dpkg/info/available file, the "Keywords:" field?
The keywords would be predefined, and it would be _much_ easier to
find a package... now, if I don't know the name of a package, I have
to grep through the "available" file for the keyword.

Example of keywords:
gtop -> gnome
pcmcia-cs -> laptop
ppp, xisp, fetchmail -> dialup

So, if I have a laptop, dselect looks for the laptop keyword and
shows me what I could/should install. What do you think?

--
Germano Leichsenring
  Kobe University