Re: Deficiencies in Debian

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 01:37:10PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 06:59:39AM -0400, Michael Stone écrivait:
> > This is silly and is never going to happen. People keep uploading new
> > packages with RCB's, and the RCB list keeps growing, regardless of how
> > many RCB's are closed. That _will not_ change until potato freezes.
>
> You're kidding ? Maintainers that don't take care of RCB bugs on their
> packages should probably orphan the packages they can't afford to
> maintain. And people working on RCB are certainly needed (not only on
> freeze !).
>
> I see no obvious reason why we the number of RCB couldn't drop
> before the freeze. Take a look at the graph ...

Yes. Look at the graph. The number of RCB's went down, then it went back
up. That's not because people weren't closing bugs (if they weren't,
there would have been a constant, and much steeper, upward slope), it's
because new bugs were opened. How do we stop new bugs from being
introduced into the system if we continue to make new feature uploads?
Do you really think that if we kill all the current bugs no one will
make any more mistakes?

Mike Stone