Re: [PROPOSAL] Archive audit, cruft removal, unmaintained packages

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> IMHO, the best possible way to both eliminate cruft and also remove
> burden on the archive maintainers is to allow the registered developer
> to remove their own packages.

We already have tools that makes it quite easy to remove both entire
packages, and obsolete binaries of packages.  We just need direction
on which packages to remove.  Anybody is welcome to help us out by
filing bugs; be sure that the maintainer is ok with this.

Richard's post just makes our job easier by making the qualifications
for upload rigid.  I fully agree with it.

> I think we really *should* suggest that new or unexperierced
> maintainers not maintain shared library packages.

Yes.

Guy