Re: Strategy: DNS server in main for potato?

Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis@mindspring.net> writes:

> 7) We are a GPL'd project, and so I think that we would make the best
> choice for Debian to ship as your main name server.  If there is any way
> that we can pull this off, then I really want to work with you guys to
> make it happen.

IMO it would be precipitate to go from having no package to making
DENTS the default, in two months.

If we get a reasonably full featured version of DENTS into potato, as
an alternative to the default (which will presumably be the last free
version of bind) then the brave use dents on their potato systems,
which will get the bug reports flowing in.

We can contemplate promoting it to being the default in potato+1,
depending upon people's experiences, without inflicting a possibly
buggy name server on our general user population.

Cheers, Phil.