Re: SGML documentation source

dichro-f9a4d148@eris.rcpt.to (Mikolaj J. Habryn) writes:

>     SB> Note that 'potato' has now several DocBook -> man
>     SB> translators. I didn't test them a lot.
>
>   Okay, I'll have a look at docbook. I guess I'd just like to know
> what people are using to generate both HTML and man pages with.

Yup, people are using DocBook and the docbook2man package.  Install
task-sgml to get all this stuff without sifting through a lot of
packages.

It's funny but the use of the SGML toolchain is itself rather complex
and not all that well documented.  We do need a Debian/SGML howto (I
am discussing Debian here since it has an SGML infrastructure, so it's
different than most, although sgml-tools has the same thing too, so
you could use that as a basis).  Should be geared towards people who
are trying to get real work done.  Being based on Debian, you could
remove all that cruft about how to manage your DTD since once you get
the right pacakges, in Debian, you don't have to worry about that.

Followups to debian-sgml only please.