Re: new static uid/gid needed (ups) .. OK ?

I was thinking about it .. what will I do, when I come to a system where
the name 'ups' is already used (let's say, for Ursula P. Smith)?

We'll need a list of reserved _names_ then, won't we?

For now, I'll use nobody/dialout, and if there's a hole in samba or other
programs using these, well, they'll get on ups too.

I'm packaging for debian, and every debian has to have the same static ids
0-99, it would be nice having 'ups' there. If there are problems with
redhat or other ports, they can take directly the upstream tarball - and
for redhat there already are .rpms anyway.

--
jozef  :-)