Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

So, you quote the least likely need for static binaries, and then
conclude that all the other cases are equally unlikely.

Oh well, logicians have words for that too: attacking a straw man.

By far the most common cause of dynamic library failure is administrator
error, followed closely by package manager error. And the most common
case where it's needed is not a system that is highly reliable, but
one that is far away. Sure you can get to it--but it's costly, if you
can make the upgrade work remotely you save either time or money or
maybe just buy yourself a few more hours of sleep.

The more extreme cases do exist, though their probabilities are less.

The clinching arugment, which you have still failed to address, despite
my repeatedly begging for someone to address it, is why you would deny
this critical redundancy when its cost is absolutely negligible.

Justin