Re: cvs-buildpackage with fakeroot

Je 1999/08/15(0)/14:08, Richard Braakman montris sian geniecon skribante:
> Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> >  fakeroot /bin/rm -rf /mit/pack/debian-jp/e2ps/e2ps-4.0 /mit/pack/debian-jp/e2ps/e2ps-4.0.orig
> > getopt: invalid option -- r
> > getopt: invalid option -- f
> > Terminating...
>
> This is apparently a feature.  You should use:
>
> fakeroot -- /bin/rm -rf /mit/pack/debian-jp/e2ps/e2ps-4.0 /mit/pack/debian-jp/e2ps/e2ps-4.0.orig
>
> >From the manpage:
>
>        [--] command
>               any command you want to be  ran  as  fakeroot.  Use
>               `--'  if in the command you have other options that
>               may confuse fakeroot's option parsing.
>
> I personally think it would be much better if fakeroot stopped parsing
> options after finding "command", like rsh and ssh do, and like nearly
> all utilities do after finding a "filename", but that may be a matter
> of taste.

Maybe a matter of taste, but if so, we have the same taste:).

The problem is that getopt doesn't seem to have an option to cause it
to do what our `taste' wants it.
Does anyone have a simple way to make getopt act the way we want it?

Thanks,

joostje