Re: cvs-buildpackage with fakeroot

Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
>  fakeroot /bin/rm -rf /mit/pack/debian-jp/e2ps/e2ps-4.0 /mit/pack/debian-jp/e2ps/e2ps-4.0.orig
> getopt: invalid option -- r
> getopt: invalid option -- f
> Terminating...

This is apparently a feature.  You should use:

fakeroot -- /bin/rm -rf /mit/pack/debian-jp/e2ps/e2ps-4.0 /mit/pack/debian-jp/e2ps/e2ps-4.0.orig

>From the manpage:

       [--] command
              any command you want to be  ran  as  fakeroot.  Use
              `--'  if in the command you have other options that
              may confuse fakeroot's option parsing.

I personally think it would be much better if fakeroot stopped parsing
options after finding "command", like rsh and ssh do, and like nearly
all utilities do after finding a "filename", but that may be a matter
of taste.

Richard Braakman