Re: cvs-buildpackage with fakeroot

From: Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
Subject: Re: cvs-buildpackage with fakeroot
Date: 16 Aug 1999 09:58:39 -0500

> Hi,
> >>"Atsuhito" == Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> writes:
>
>  Atsuhito> Then, because this is a feature of fakeroot and the fakeroot
>  Atsuhito> is called in this way by cvs-buildpackage, the bug belongs to
>  Atsuhito> cvs-buildpackage. Is this right ?
>
>         This is an incompatible change in fakeroot (one which is
>  causing things to break). I am not sure how best to fix
>  this. fakeroot is not the only program that can get one root
>  priviledges; and I am not sure how one wants to solve this.

Yes, I think in the same way as you do. This is the reason
why I posted to devel and not to BTS.

With the Braakman's comments I can fix cvs-buildpackage
but this may cause another problem when fakeroot changes.

cvs-buildpackage is very useful tool when one uses CVS
and fakeroot seems to be very basic tool so I hope they
(or fakeroot?) are more stable.

Thank you for your kind and valuable advice.

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>