Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

* Steve Lamb said:

> > Yeah, yeah. There is memory cost, of course, and a huge one - but they will
> > be used in such rare cases that it in *VAST* >>>MAJORITY<<< of cases doesn;t
> > matter.
>
>     Uh-huh, each time you run those common commands it incurs extra memory
> usage.  Gee.  My laptop will love you.  Geez.
PLEASE! READ AGAIN THE ENTIRE THREAD! Nobody says you will be using these
utilities ALL THE TIME. THey will be there just in case of failure. Two
propositions were made:

1. emergency shell sets PATH=/bin/static:$PATH
2. emergency shell aliases, e.g. 'alias ls=/bin/ls.static'

Now, where's the problem?

marek