ITP: static-tools

Hi,

  Well... I would like to take care of the package, but:

  1. I'm not a registered debian maintainer
  2. I have a few questions, below.

  The questions are:

  1. Is it better to extract the needed sources from their source packages
     and compile a completely separate .tar.gz and then keep it in sync with
     the "parent packages", or perhaps it's more convenient to patch the
     relevant packages to produce an extra -static.deb as a part of a
     standard build process? Eg fileutils-static, shellutils-static etc?

  2. Would it be convenient to write a POSIX-compliant shell script that
     would be used to configure the bootmanagers DEbian has onboard (grub,
     chos, lilo, loadlin).

  marek