Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 01:00:14PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

> > What if I am a web retailer and this is my biggest day of the year, and
> > every half hour of traffic counts for about 1% of my annual sales?

>     Then you'd best have a SysAdmin that makes the system as robust
> as you need it.  That is the SysAdmin's job.

Hopefully "making the system robust" won't include removing Debian and
choosing something more stable/sturdy.

I'm not totally convinced by either side, but I think that it would be
a *good idea* to make something like sash available on most systems -
ie, have it be "important".

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,