Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

I disagree that Solaris's /sbin is only there so that /usr can be mounted.
There is a static sh, fdisk, su, dhcp, mount, ifconfig, soconfig, and
the static ufsrestore does help.

That's enough that at least in theory you can repair your system enough
to restore from a backup. You can also get the network up and nfs mount
stuff from another system to get whatever else you may need. In Sun's
eyes this is a guarantee, in my eyes it isn't enough. But they're
providing a lot more than Debian here.

Debian doesn't have a static sh that can be used to run a static restore.

Justin