Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

* Justin Wells said:

> That's enough that at least in theory you can repair your system enough
> to restore from a backup. You can also get the network up and nfs mount
> stuff from another system to get whatever else you may need. In Sun's
> eyes this is a guarantee, in my eyes it isn't enough. But they're
> providing a lot more than Debian here.
I agree. The waste of space is so minimal that it shouldn't be taken under
consideration (after all we're living in the age of 15GB+ IDE disks...) and
the advantages are obvious - there are less cases when your machine will be
FUBAR with no way out...

> Debian doesn't have a static sh that can be used to run a static restore.
It does. SASH is such a shell.

marek