Re: RSA key in GNUPG

On Sat, Aug 14, 1999 at 13:18:27 +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> gpg just told me that I should create a new key instead of my old RSA one.
> Which coding should I use?

The default that gpg offers (DSA IIRC).

> And does it suffice to send the new key in?

You'll have to sign either your new key with your old one (see
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/25/25554.html), or sign the message in which
you send your new key with your old key.

> Or do I have to send a revoke key message too?

No. Revocation is only necessary in the case of your old key being
compromised (or possibly, if you're 100+% sure you'll never need it again -
which isn't the case if you want to be able to communicate with pgp2 users).

Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks