Re: Debian Weekly News - August 10th, 1999

> Debian Weekly News
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/current/issue/
> Debian Weekly News - August 10th, 1999
>
> Welcome to the 30th issue of Debian Weekly News, a newsletter for the
> Debian developer community.
>
> The freeze date for Potato has been set: We will [8]freeze on November
> first, so long as some items like boot floppies and release critical
> bug fixes are well under way at that point.

Is there any hope to become a debian developer *BEFORE* that date?
I applied on May 26 but I'm still waiting: no phone calls and no messages
on my answering machine.

I think that three months should be enough time for a phone call.
If this is not the case maybe you should want to revise the registration
policy or put some more resources in it.

I also offered to fix a date in advance to avoid waste of time for the
new-developer team but I received only a generic answer that "We're trying
at evenings because phones are cheaper in evenings". Not very helpful.

If the problem is the phone cost they could give me their phone number and
I will make the phone call at my charge at whatever time they prefer.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |