Re: WARNING: APT removes bash on slink upgrade

At 21:11 +0100 1999-08-12, Julian Gilbey wrote:
From what I recall from the GNU ftp site, bash-2.04 includes
libreadline-4.0, so the major number *has* been bumped up.  Perhaps we
could switch to that which might alleviate this problem?

2.03 you mean.
lib/readline/STANDALONE from bash-2.03: "This is not to be built as a standalone library to be installed in some public place; get the full readline distribution instead." Another thing is our readline is patched (more changes than just support for /etc/inputrc), so someone needs to look over the diff and see what patches are still necessary and which aren't.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>